The May 2017 HPC-SIG meeting was held at the University of Sussex in Brighton on Thursday 11 May 2017.
It attracted 38 delegates from 26 Universities and other academic research centres.
The agenda was:
- 10.00: Coffee available
- 10.30: Introductions
- 10.35: Report from the Chair
- 11.00: Experiences with build systems. Brief presentations on EasyBuild by Andrew Edmondson, University of Birmingham and Spack from Andy Turner, EPCC, followed by discussions
- 12.15: Lunch
- 13.15: Site Updates:
- JISC (David Salmon)
- 13.45: Report and discussions from the Scheduling Workshop in September 2016, including an update on schedulers currently in use (Chris Walker, Queen Mary University of London)
- 14.15: SIG Business Matters, including future meeting dates and locations
- 14.45: Tea
- 15.00: My time in Research Computing – a retrospective on the past 10 years and a look to the future) from Jeremy Yates, DIRAC
- 15.45: AOB
- 16.00: Meeting close
The meeting, as always, was followed by refreshment and informal discussions in a local hostelry to which all were welcome.