The September 2016 meeting was held at the University of Warwick on 13 September 2016.
The agenda was:
- 10.00: Coffee available
- 10.30: Introductions
- 10.35: Report from the Chair
- 11.00: Determining Return on Investment of an HPC system: Background and Loughborough experiences. Aaron Turner, Loughborough University
- 12.15: Lunch
- 13.15: Site Updates
- 13.45: An introduction to the Software Engineering Support Centre. Catherine Jones, Software Engineering Group Leader, STFC. The EPSRC funded Software Engineering Support Centre (SESC) provides software engineering tools and advice primarily to the Collaborative Computation Projects. Catherine will outline these and describe the proposed new developments.
- 14.15: SIG Business Matters, including future meeting dates and locations
- 14.45: Tea
- 15.00: Introducing a new HPC service to non-traditional users. Guy Robinson, LSE. LSE is building an HPC service for its researchers. Guy will discuss the various challenges this has presented, in particular introducing a service where many users are encountering ‘HPC’ for the first time moving from their individual systems or the cloud.
- 15.45: AOB
- 16.00: Meeting close
As always, the meeting was followed by refreshment and lively discussion in a local hostelry.