St. Bartholomew's Hospital
Location for the meeting
10:00 Arrivals welcomed
10:00-10:30 Coffee & Refreshments
10:30-11:00 Career pathways and roles (Christine Kitchen/Jacky Pallas)
11:00-11:30 HPC Accreditation (TBC)
11:30-12:00 Professional Learning Programmes and Masters Apprenticeships (Martin Callahagn)
12:00-12:30 Thoughts on the HPC-SIG Website (Graeme Murphy)
13:30-13:45 Internships at Hull(Graeme Murphy)
13:45-15:15 Workforce Development Discussion Groups (Martin Callahagn/Graeme Murphy)
- Break into 4 groups.
- 4 topics to discuss.
- 5 mins to discuss per topic.
- 15 mins for feedback from all groups
- How are posts funded ?
- What are the common skills needed for particular roles ?
- What training and personal development is offered and how is it funded?
- Looking to the future what are the strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities facing the UK HPC workforce ?
- General Room Discussion (10 mins)
15:15 –15:30 Afternoon Tea & Coffee
15:30 –16:30 SIG Business
- Approval of Terms of Reference (Graeme Murphy)
- GDPR Update (Graeme Murphy)
- Financial Report (Richard Martin)
- Chairs update/Closing Words (Christine Kitchen)